Every year our church has a couple's retreat to a wonderful dude ranch called Wuanita Hot Springs. Because it's a couple's retreat, children aren't typically invited, but since Shelby is still nursing she was given a special invitation. We've gone on this retreat for the past four years, but this year was the most special.Shelby was able to enjoy her first swim! It's such a unique experience. It's absolutely freezing outside. It was below zero in the morning, but reached about 20 during the day. The great thing is that the swimming pool gets its water from a hot spring, so it feels like you're soaking in a nice, warm bath. The pool is surrounded by snow (check out the slide). Because it's so cold, your hair gets ice crystals in it (you can see in the pictures). Shelby had little ice crystals on her eyelashes too...so cute. She had such a great time, even though she was only in the pool for about 15 minutes. It was her first swimming experience, and she absolutely loved it!!

6 comments:
Oh my goodness, what sweet, sweet pictures! Shelby is so beautiful and blessed with such loving parents. Suzanne, thank you so much for what you said in your comment about my grandfather. It meant the world to me.
Hope you guys are staying warm and enjoying the winter!
Love, Barbara
Mema said...hello beautiful. You look like you are really enjoying that great big bath tub. I wish I could be there to hold you sweetie and my older sweeties too. I'm so glad you are having a great time.
Love, Mema
I love that these pictures! She is adorable!!
That looks like such a cool place...Shelby is adorable!
Oh my goodness! I've never heard of a swimming experience quite like yours! How super cool!!!! Shelby looks so cute and adorable! Keep posting!!!!
What an awesome experience! How fun to be able to enjoy that together as a family! You guys are so amazing and it is a blessing watching you and Justin be the most wonderful parents to Shelby. I love you guys!
Miss you
Post a Comment