

On June 22, my sister crossed the finish line of what may be her greatest race ever...the 2008 Coeur d'Alene Ironman. For those of you who don't know, the race begins with a 2.4 mile swim, followed by a 112 mile bike ride, and finishing with a marathon, 26.2 miles of running. And she completed all three disciplines in 12 and a half hours! Words can't really express how I felt as I watched her push her body to limits she and I never thought were possible. Suzanne and I were on the verge of tears for the entire race...just knowing what she was overcoming mentally, spiritually, and physically was even humbling for us, and we were just on the sidelines. Way to go Jen, you are an IRONMAN!

7 comments:
i want her body!!! WOW! You are amazing Jen! I know it must take tons of hard work... :) Great job!
Wow.... I just sat here with my family and we are in awe and I told them about what she did... that is crazy... did she crash for 2 weeks afterwards? I love the pics of you guys too.
The amazing thing about when Jen finished is that she just walked up to us, thanked us profusely for coming, and (with some discomfort) walked to gather up her things (her bike and transition bags). You would think that upon finishing she would fall to the ground, completely out of breath. She was so conditioned though, that she was able to just walk away. It was amazing. And, the coolest thing is that she bettered her time in the marathon. She had run a marathon before, but she ran it faster after she swam 2.4 miles and biked 112. CRAZY!!!
This is such a great post! It gives me goosebumps!! I can hardly believe I did all of that just 2 weeks ago!! Seriously, I am very very very appreciate of all of your support and encouragement...and for flying out to Idaho to cheer me on. You'll never know how much that meant to me. I know I couldn't have finished without you guys being there...your cheers and encouragement were very inspiring!! THANK YOU!
Incredible. What an amazing accomplishment!
Way to go Jen!!
Hey Girl! Miss your updates! Hope everyone is doing good! :)
Post a Comment