Wednesday, August 6, 2008
5K "Fun" Run!
So a friend of mine from church convinced me to do a 5K with her. Not a big deal, right? Well, I don't mind getting out and going for a jog...about once a quarter! But, I decided to give it a try. When Justin and I pulled up to the parking area I should have told him to drive on. Little did I know that this girls-only race was put on by the Pikes Peak Road Runners club. WHAT?! About 90% of the fun-runners were RUNNERS! They were sprinting to warm up, doing high-knees, jogging on the course, etc. I was so intimidated! But, I lined up on the starting line with all of the others and made my way to the finish line. The first place winner finished in just over 18 minutes. How long did it take me? A whopping 32:51! My only goal was to jog the whole thing, which I did, so I was happy. Here are some pics!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOW!!! Theres no way i could have jogged the whole way! read your first line again...job or jog? haha!! :) You rock!
Way to go Suzanne!!!! That's awesome!!
Way to go Suzy!!!! I'm proud of you!!!! I keep jogging to Braum's!!!! You should be proud of yourself!
Post a Comment