Friday, March 14, 2008
Farewell USAFA
USAFA you ask?! It's a nice little acronym for United States Air Force Academy. I've been working there for the past three and a half years as a dietitian for the cadets. It's been fun, but it's time to move on. It sounds like a pretty cool job - counseling cadets on sports nutrition, eating disorders, how to gain weight healthfully. I also write a monthly newsletter for them and some other little things on the side. It's been fun and a great experience to be in the military world with officers and such, and I've made some fun memories with the other dietitian that works there, but as of next Wednesday I'll be moving on. I found a job at a nursing home!! I know it may sound odd to want to go from the Academy to working with the elderly, but I worked in nursing homes before we moved to Colorado and I actually really liked it. It's much more clinically focused - ordering lab work, looking at their medications, planning tube feedings, etc. It's more of the kind of work I enjoy. Plus, and a big plus it is, I only have to work 32 hours a week!!! So, I get a three-day weekend every weekend!!! I'm so excited to have the extra day with Shelby. I'm going to soak in every second of her I can. I start my new job a week from Monday - please keep me in your prayers!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats on your new job! That is so exciting! That will be so nice to get to have that extra day with Shelby. I dread going back to work. I'm sure I will have many tearful posts on my blog when that time comes! (I know-ahh poor ashley!) :) VERY happy for you!
Yay!!!! I'm SO excited for you - both for your extra day with Shelby and for a job that is more in line with your professional interests. Double YAY!!!
I am so excited for you! It's so much fun spending time with your little one...especially since they grow SOOO fast!
proud of you! u deserve a break, even if it is just one day :)
Post a Comment