As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently got a new job. I have this week off though, so I'm getting another taste of being home with Shelby. It feels like I never worked at the Academy, that I'm still on maternity leave, and that next week is my first week back to work. I've wept to Justin about it. It feels so unnatural to leave your child in someone else's care...everyday. "Okay honey, it's time for mommy to drop you off at day care so she can go spend the greater part of the day at work." All I want is to be with her, but it's just financially impossible right now. I've run a million ideas through my head for ways that I could stay home (including winning the lottery and being a contestant on Deal or No Deal), but the result is always the same. I know that Shelby is fine with going to day care. As soon as she sees the other kids she wants me to put her down so she can play with them. I know that she doesn't know any different, and that she probably enjoys it, but selfishly I miss her so much that I want to be home with her.
So, does anyone have any ideas??? I'm a dietitian, so I've thought about starting a website with private counseling, virtual grocery store tours, newsletters, etc. I've searched the work-from-home websites but am hesitant about those. Do you have any suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Suzanne, I think private counseling would be a GREAT way to go! You could have a website and advertise with gyms and hospitals, etc. My sister in law is a physical therapist and ALWAYS refers people to dieticians, some private and some not. Also, there are always those companies like Arbonne that allow you to work from home and if you're diligent about it, you can do VERY well. Maybe combining working from home with something fun like that would bring in some extra income. I'll keep it in my prayers for your family, though...I know you want to be home with Shelby so badly and really feel the Lord is going to provide a way for that to happen (hopefully sooner rather than later!).
Love, Barbara
everyday our numbers on paper dont make sense, but somehow we always have barely enough to pay the bills. Its not a fun way to live and very stressful on the relationship..but Im home! You could keep other kids in your home...thats what my mom always did. Im sure it doesnt pay what you can make in the buisness world but maybe it would be enough to get yall by. Or take out a loan...to live on until Shelby is in school and then work when shes in school to pay it off? Again, not a fun way to live, but its a doo-able way :)Your private home stuff sounds good too, if you'd have enough buisness. Im praying for you! LOVE YOU!
Hi Suzanne!
I just saw your comment on my blog and was so happy to hear from you! That is so funny I forgot all about that sweatshirt! My address is : 1114 Antelope Ridge
Cedar Park, TX 78613
I am also a working mom so I understand what you are going through! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
I will pray for you...In a time when we don't know all the answers I just thought I would share with you the things that I do know... God is good...God has a plan... God loves you more than you love Shelby (WOW... that is alot)... God still loves you and is with you every minute of the day even when others are taking care of you (Just like Shelby)...God has blessed you with a profession that is needed in today's society...You are very talented in what you do and good at it... People need you (nutritional help)... Shelby needs you... Shelby needs other kids to play with... Shelby will be ok... You will be ok... bc God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
suzanne
our household cannot function on only one salary at this time either...but we can function on 1 1/2 salaries. i actually prefer it this way for now. Working 2-3 days/week is very fulfilling in that i get to spend most days at home with Joe, but i also feel like Im contributing to my mental health and our budget by working some too. i would encourage you to seek out therapists in your area that might need a dietitian with eating disorder experience...and market your services to them as a consultant...then you can set your own hours. another option, look for PRN dietitian jobs. Likely will be on a weekend, but you get paid more and it might be enough to work 2 weekends a month and then you save on childcare as well (assuming Justin will watch Shelby:)). just some ideas. i hope your new job is going well this week!
beth
time for a new post...hows the new job? post new pics! new stories! MISS YOU
Post a Comment