Lilypie

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bowheads Unite!

Since Shelby was born I have always loved donning her with a bow. Unfortunately, lately she has learned to pull them out, especially when she gets tired and sucks her thumb. But, when Shelby was first born, my mom sent us some bows that were perfect for her, and that actually stayed in her hair.

Here are a couple of pictures of Shelby with the original bows.

Here she is getting a kiss from "aunt" Christine!



We did try the bows that wrap around your head, but they looked silly on Shelby. I think she had too much hair. She even looks ticked off about it in the bottom picture! Don't worry, we didn't let her out of the house with these on!!! :)



Now we've moved on to a new era! My friend Whitney inspired me to make my own bows!!! I had so much fun too!!! I made ten bows last weekend...TEN! Here's a preview. I'm sure as I practice they'll get fancier...fun!! (The other little girl in the picture is Shelby's pal Alana. We were babysitting for some friends...just in case anyone wondered if we adopted without telling anyone!!)

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I hope to have a little girl someday that can wear bows... I love it and good job on making them.. I remember my mom made my bows when I was a kid do you remember the plastic bows with the stuff inside... like glitter or buttons... yes that Is what I use to wear... how things change.

da momma said...

GOOD JOB MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!! SO proud of you! They are awesome!!!!

The Ward Family said...

love the bows...i want to learn!