So, Shelby and I were watching Cinderella a couple of months ago and it came to the part when her wonderful fairy godmother shows up and turns her rags into a beautiful gown,

the pumpkin into a marvelous coach,
and her mice friends into white stallions.
Finally, after years and years of being a slave to her stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella has her moment!!!! In my head I found myself saying (very sarcastically), "thanks a lot fairy godmother...it took you long enough". And in that same instance God showed me it was the perfect timing - this was the night that Cinderella would be able to find her prince and forever be rid of her dreadful home life. It was almost as if He had said, so defensively to me, "I'm sorry!". It was a beautiful lesson of God's timing!! How many times have I wanted something, NOW. I'm ready for it, NOW! I need it, NOW! But God knows. He knows what is best for me, and when I'm ready for it!!

1 comment:
Oh, this is GOOD. Elliana is a huge Cinderella fan - I like it because it has a lot of lessons to pull out of it (being nice even if no one else is nice to you, working with a happy heart, etc.) plus the absence of a very scary villian. But I never thought about the timing issue. Awesome! And you bet I'm totally pointing that out to Ellie next time we watch it :-)
Post a Comment