Cats have always amazed me, especially their eyes. The eyes of any animal, humans included, are almost mesmerizing to me. Somehow, cats have an ability, unlike any other living animal, to tell a story with their eyes without needing to use any other part of their body. At the same time, their eyes can express wonder and mystery, rendering me absolutely amazed and aware that their true nature cannot be understood.It's no wonder why so many wildlife photographers love to capture images of a lion's eyes. They are not only captivating, but they tell of adventure, they express sadness, they shout fear and anger...they give us a glimpse into the world of the most majestic animal on this planet.
Even in this simple image of Tripod, his eyes tell me how happy he is, how loved he is, and how much he appreciates life. What else is he trying to convey to me? Is he in awe of my extraordinarily good looks? Probably. Does he reciprocate the same respect for me as I do for him? I can't help but think he does. What's fascinating is the communication, solely expressed through our eyes, that is occurring between us, two entirely different species.
On a daily basis, between 3 and 4 o'clock, as the sun's rays create a rectangular sunny spot in our entryway, Tripod will lazily lie down and soak in the warmth. I, naturally, get out my camera and try to capture an image with the perfect lighting, and this was one I happened to capture two days ago. Tripod is a poser, so incredibly photogenic, as it seems most animals (except humans, in particular, me) are, that he almost wants to be able to talk. He doesn't need to though...his eyes tell me all I could possibly hope to understand.

No comments:
Post a Comment