Lilypie

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby Dedication Day

Today at church we had baby dedication day. I was so excited!! I put Shelby in a dress that my great-grandmother made for me (I wore it when I was Shelby's age!!). So, Shelby's great-great-grandmother made it. She looked so precious in it.

We made quite the show during church. First off, she was talking with another little boy from across the aisle. She did NOT want to sit still, so she was walking up and down the aisle. Thankfully it was during the songs, so nobody really heard her. When they called us up front we all sat on the front pews, well, except Shelby. For some reason she felt that the rules didn't apply to her today. So, Justin and I took turns getting her off the stage as she would climb the steps to stand next to our preacher. I think for our benefit the preacher told us not to shush our babies during church. He said, "When was the last time you had a family gathering and everyone was quiet?" When they called us all up onto the stage, Shelby would do all she could to get out of our arms and roam the stage, talking to everyone. When it was FINALLY over (thanks to a stressed out mom) I took Shelby to the nursery. On the way out of the auditorium everyone was smiling and laughing at us. I had people tell me how funny she was and that they didn't even bow their heads during the prayer because they were watching her! The main downside is that the preacher charged us with - well, something. Justin and I were so distracted! The preacher read something and all of the parents were to day, "We do". I have no idea what he read, but when the time came to say "we do" all I was thinking in my head was, "sure, we do - we doooo".

Hopefully some of the pics capture a small glimpse of the day!

Dropping Shelby off for Sunday School - prior to the madness!!


Squirming from Daddy. Look at the other sweet little girls, so nicely letting their parents hold them.

Squirming from Daddy, still.

And now squirming from Mommy - no one is immune.
A miraculous family picture!

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute and I love the dress... you and whitney are so good about keeping your old clothes and sharing them with your children... I love it and I love your hair... so cute.

da momma said...

YOUR HAIR!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

iWant said...

Suze,
You look beautiful, and so does your daughter! Shelby is growing up so fast. She's gorgeous. I laughed so hard, just imagining Shelby squirming up front for all to see! i miss you guys
Love,
erin